What I Know Is
Using AddressWiki is simple. Address information is collected and shared in a Group.
Therefore, to share what you know, you will need to create a new Group or join an existing Group.
You can share, when an address was last used, and if it is flagged DNC.
- Create a Group
- Send the Group Login Code to anyone that you think might want to share what they know about Addresses.
- From the Home page, enter the Group Login Code to join the Group.
- Search the database for the Address you are interested in.
- Flag the address as USED if you want to let other users know about it, and fdlag the address as DNC if you want to let other user know about that too.
Create a Group
Help with Searching
Join a Group
Before you can search for and update Address information, you will need to join a Group of users. Use your 9 digit Group invitation code and enter it into the Group code text box.
Check an address
To check when an address was last used, enter the 'building name or number' and 'postcode' and click the 'Check Address' button.
A message will confirm whether the address was used by someone in the last 3 months, and if the address has been flagged DNC.
Use an address
To Use an address, first search for an address, and then click the 'Use Address' button.
This will update the 'Used date' for the particular address.
Flag an address
To flag an address DNC, first search for an address, and then click the DNC box and click the 'Use Address' button.
This will update the last used date, and set the DNC flag for the particular address.
Clear a flagged address
To clear a DNC flagged address, first search for a flagged address, and then enter CLEAR into the 'clear' input box and click the 'Use Address' button.
This will update the last used date, and clear the DNC flag for the particular address.
Help with Groups
Searches are performed within a Group. A represents an audience of users with a common interest in the use of Addresses.
You can create as many Groups as you need. Typically, a Group will represent a territory or area your audience are interested in.
To create a Group, click the Groups menu item on the top menu. This will display the New Group form. You should provide an email address and password.
These will be used to login into the Groups management pages. You can change your email address and password at any time. You can delete a Group and
associated Address information at any time. All data is entirely purged from the system.
When you create your new Group, an email will be sent to your email address with an 8 digit verification code.
Click here to enter the code on the Verification page.
1) No personal information whatsoever is stored.
2) A cookie is issued when a user joins a group. No personal information is contained in this cookie. The cookie is removed when the user leaves a group.
3) Information is completely unmanaged. All delete operations are automatic.
4) Information is stored for personal use only under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.
5) Information is automatically deleted from the database 6 months from the last used date. Flagged records are retained 18 months from the flagged date, and then automatically deleted 6 months from the last used date thereafter.
6) Data is stored in an encrypted form.
7) Deleted is physically removed from the live database immediately, and essential backups will eventually disappear after 28 dayster.
AddressWiki is hosted by AddressWiki Foundation, a non-profit and unaffiliated private group.
The purpose of AddressWiki is to enable the audience to share information about Addresses to ensure the privacy and misuse of addresses.
AddressWiki is a hypertext publication collaboratively edited and managed by its own audience directly using a web browser.
The information stored is for the sole use of it's audience to ensure the use of addresses in not abused and treated fairly.
The information is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
Address information contributed is limited to the building name and postal code.
No personal information or tracking data is stored.
Information is automatically deleted from the database 6 months from the last used date. Flagged records are retained 18 months from the flagged date, and then automatically deleted 6 months from the last used date thereafter.
Use of the information is strictly for personal use only. No other obligation is inferred or required.
The non-profit AddressWiki Foundation provides the essential infrastructure for free sharing of information useful
to the legal and reasonable use of address information. We host AddressWiki, the free online resource for groups of
volunteers to avoid the misuse of addresses around the world, all of which is made possible thanks to donations from
individuals like you. We welcome anyone who shares our vision to ensure the use of addresses is not abused and treated
fairly to join in sharing and maintaining information in the pursuit of that goal.